Teeth Whitening Instructions: Keeping Your Smile Bright
They say that a smile is the prettiest thing you can wear. So when you do so, make sure you have the whitest set of pearls you can flash. However, some of us who are not that confident when it comes to flashing our pearly whites.
Due to a number of reasons, our teeth can become discolored and stained. These can be because of the food we eat or drink, cigarette, medicine, age and more. But fret not, there are several products you can use to achieve the sparkling white teeth.
Below are some teeth whitening instructions you can use to keep your teeth healthy and white. These instructions are for teeth that are lightly discoloured as more drastic measures are required for badly discoloured teeth.
- To maximize the effectiveness of the product, make sure there is no toothpaste residue left. Teeth should be carefully cleaned before using the gel. You can fit the bleaching tray first to check if you are comfortable with the fit.
- Before applying the gel, make sure that the tray is free from moisture. It should be clean and dry.
- During application, only fill the tray with a small amount of whitening agent. Careful not to overfill the tray. Use only half of the tube or 0.5ml of the whitening agent. Do not spread the bleach around. Remove the excess product from your gums with a tissue or dry toothbrush. It is recommended that you only bleach 6-8 teeth at a time. Anyways, nobody sees the back teeth.
- Usually, these trays are worn overnight. But if it’s your first time to use a teeth whitening agent, you can let it sit for an hour and a half then gradually increase the time. While wearing the tray, avoid eating, smoking. The effect may vary from one person to another.
- After the process, remove the tray and rinse your mouth with lukewarm water. It is normal if you feel sensitivity, but will just go away after a few days. Apply desensitising gel if you are really uncomfortable. You can also wear the tray every other day if you want. Try mixing sensitive toothpaste in your tray next time you apply if you have severe sensitivity.
- Bear in mind that teeth are not pure white. Gradually, the color of your teeth will lighten but again may differ from one person to another. You can stop using the product if you are already happy with the color of your teeth.
- To achieve the maximum result of the process, avoid eating food that has strong colors such as berries, tea, coffee and. Keep yourself from smoking as well.
- Using whitening strips is fairly simple. Start with your usual routine in cleaning your teeth. Make sure there are no food residues left so that the strip will work. Like the whitening gel, you have to wipe your teeth with tissue or cloth to make it dry. Moisture in teeth can lessen the effect of the product.
- Evenly cover your teeth the strip. Make sure to cover completely. The strips should not reach the gums to avoid irritation and burning.
- Usually it would take 30 mins for the process to work. While waiting avoid drinking or eating. As much as possible, keep the covered area dry. You can try lying down and keeping your mouth open to keep saliva from interfering with the process.
- Take of the strips and throw them away. Proceed with washing your teeth with water, making sure that there are no more residues left. Do not leave the strips for a long period to avoid irritation of the gums. This will also increase the chances of having gum sensitivity.
- The results will be achieved over time. You can start using twice a day for at least 2 weeks to see a noticeable result.
- Stop usage if irritation occurs.
Whitening toothpaste compared to the methods above is easier and more gentle way of achieving a whiter shade of teeth. Toothpastes are recommended for those who just needed to maintain their pearly whites or those that has mild teeth discoloration.
- The use of whitening toothpaste is the same as an ordinary toothpaste. Squeeze an ample amount of the product on your brush and start brushing.
- Make sure to brush the outer and inner surfaces of your teeth. Pay attention also to the part where you chew your food.
- Use the product twice a day. Check if the product can be used daily. If you have sensitivity, you can alternate the use with an ordinary toothpaste.
Whitening Mouth Rinse
Whitening Mouth rinse helps to prevent plaque from forming into teeth, which results to whiter and brighter smile.
- Used after brushing your teeth.
- Pour around 10ml into a cup and vigorously wash your mouth for 60 seconds.
- Spit it out. Swallowing the product will cause adverse effects.
These teeth whitening instructions are for generic use of the products we have in the market. However, it is still best to read the instructions in the packing to achieve its maximum result.
Before using any teeth whitening products, contact your dentist first. They can advise you an advise for the best product to use.
Overall, after using teeth whitening products avoid foods and drinks that would cause teeth staining or discoloration. Also quit smoking, easier said than done right!