Laser Teeth Whitening Pros And Cons
Laser Teeth Whitening is rapidly getting popular these days. This is the new trend of achieving a new set of a pure white set of teeth. Laser Teeth Whitening supposedly the best and fastest way to whiten your teeth.
Compared to other teeth whitening solutions, laser teeth whitening method will only take a few hours and you can see already the results within the day. Other teeth whitening solutions needed to be applied twice or thrice a day. Other solutions, repetitive sessions with your dentist.
And the results?
Mostly takes a few days, weeks, or even months. But before you do anything else, take a look at the laser teeth whitening Pros and Cons. In this way, you will be able to weigh down and check the risks linked with achieving that sparkling Hollywood smile.
So, how does this kind of treatment work?
A protective lining is placed on your gums and some part of the mouth to shield those parts of the harmful ultraviolet light that are used in the procedure. And then a bleaching gel is applied to your teeth. This gel usually contains hydrogen peroxide.
The main component that is responsible for teeth whitening. Different products contain different percentage of this chemical. The higher the level, the stronger it becomes and the more effective the bleaching solution. A laser is used to activate bleaching gel. The gel reacts to the light and works on the stains and other compounds on the teeth.
Basically, that’s how it all works. Let us now go through some of the disadvantages of this kind of treatment
* Cost – Laser Teeth Whitening is the most popular and in demand treatment nowadays. Mostly it will cost you around $1000 or more. One time session is enough, but if you wanted to achieve a specific shade, then you need to schedule for another treatment.
Which means, you needed more expenses. For some other people this is not really an issue so long as they can instantly achieve the results.
* Teeth Sensitivity – although this is uncommon, you might as well be aware that this might occur after your session. This is the discomfort you feel on your teeth when having hot or cold beverage or food.
Mostly people who had already sensitivity usually experience this. However, this will just go away after a few days.
* Gum Irritation – usually this is caused by the gel reacting to the laser light. Or sometimes the warmth that is being emitted by the light can cause swelling of the gums. But it will eventually pass.
* Triggers allergic reaction – exposure hydrogen peroxide and the laser light can trigger chemical allergic reaction and might result to redness in the mouth or swelling of the gums.
* Chances of getting skin cancer – although this risk is very small, you still have to take this into consideration. The ultraviolet light that is used for the whitening treatment exposes your gums and increases the chances of getting skin cancer.
Mainly these are things you should watch out. On the brighter side, this teeth whitening method gives you more advantages than the cons.
Here are few things you’d like to know is thankful about
* Fast and efficient – In just a matter of an hour, you already have ten shades whiter set of teeth compared to other teeth whitening methods that require a repeated application before you see a noticeable change.
* Pain Free – this procedure only uses light and gel reactant to whiten your teeth. This is the reason why most people prefer this kind of method.
* Long lasting effect – with proper diet and maintenance, the effect can last up to 12 months.
* Less to no side effects – most people who underwent this kind of treatment has shown no signs of side effect.
* Safe procedure – This treatment is in-office and is very safe. Safer compared to those that are DIY.
* Highly effective – this procedure can whiten and remove even the most stubborn teeth stains. Smokers have clearly seen a noticeable whiter teeth after the session. Also, you need to have a repeated session with your dentist because one session can already give you a very satisfactory result. Not unless you wanted to achieve a certain level of shade.
* Provides no damage – the gel used in the treatment contains only enough hydrogen peroxide is not harmful to anyone. Compared to other teeth whitening products such as mouthwashes that causes more damage when overused.
* Time efficient – just 60 minutes and you get your results already. Working individuals can immediately return to work after this procedure. Unlike other methods that requires twice a day application.
* Cost efficient – although this treatment is more costly compared to other teeth whitening procedures, these days, the cost is lower ever since this method has become popular. Also, this is readily available. There are several service providers in your neighbourhood that can do the work for you.
If you are looking for the fastest and most efficient way that is worth your money then laser teeth whitening is for you. But you have to bear in mind that some people are not really advised to undergo Laser teeth whitening especially those that are already has teeth sensitivity because this treatment might have severe effects on them.
Generally, any teeth whitening method will not have any lasting effect if you do not maintain it. Avoid eating food or beverages that cause staining and in your teeth and if possible, quit smoking.